Thursday, June 2, 2011

Are Social Networking Sites Making You Money?

Social Networking Sites -  The Hidden Pot Of Gold

 

What I find hilarious is the fact that so many marketers have been saying screw Google and have been crying because they lost all their precious traffic.  Some marketers have loudly switched to doing their ppc campaigns via Facebook.
What’s sad is the fact that right now people are spending a fortune learning the “secrets” (as if there really are any secrets left online) to learn how to use social networking sites  in their marketing.
The reality folks is in about a year or so Facebook will realize what Google has realized. Most marketers are full of shit! OH YA I WENT THERE, and as such Facebook will also start eliminating people from using their advertising because the truth is —-> (It is not about the marketer, it is about the consumers. )  Unfortunately like in all things it only takes a few bad apples to ruin it for the bunch.
I remember the days where you could throw anything up in Google Adwords and bid on any keywords and it  have it only cost a few cents. I was even using Adwords when words like NETWORK MARKETING cost 1.25 a click.  I also learned how to get that cost down to about 20 cents a click, but still over time I saw more and more people exploiting Adwords and taking advantage of the system kinda like people are taking advantage of Facebook now.

 

While I am all for using paid advertising methods, I believe most people are not using these types of sites correctly.  Facebook and Twitter have been raved about for years , this has led most people to just spam their business opportunities. This is not the way to get people to join your business online. The best use of social networking sites is to develop real relationships with people.  Most people aren’t taking advantage of what social networks have to offer.
For Example: Think about how many people on Facebook and Twitter that don’t have blogs.  You will be hard pressed to find anyone who uses these 2 social networking sites effectively who doesn’t own a blog. The reason is because blogging isn’t easy its hard and people don’t like hard. However it is the stuff the most people won’t do that separate winners from losers.
We aren’t talking about rocket science we are talking about blogging. GET REAL there are 12 year old kids blogging. There is no excuse under the sun why a person can’t afford $10 a month on a self hosted blog and learn how to blog.  If you aren’t blogging you should really reconsider doing an online business.   Most people shouldn’t be marketing online anyways, most people should get a job.


I know I sound negative, but I would rather scare someone away from online marketing and save them thousands of dollars in wasted time. I know they are out there because I talk to people almost daily who have spent a fortune online and still have empty pockets.
I spent thousands upon thousands of dollars online, but I love the industry and I love marketing to me I look at all the money I have spent as an investment in my education.

Social Networking Sites -  The Point

Like many of you I was convinced that social networking sites was a way to get people into my business. The thing was I really never understood the connection. At first I viewed it the way I viewed ppc,  “just drive as much traffic as possible to my business offers” the thing is these types of sites don’t really work that way.  People are on these sites because they like to communicate and establish relationships with people.
I created a little site that you can use to build your social following in 3 of the biggest social networking sites online.

Source : http://profitonknowledge.com/social-networking-sites/are-social-networking-sites-making-you-money/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites